Excel Printing Ltd. who generally but not always is known under its short title of Excel Print is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Excel Printing Ltd. in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- Excel Printing Ltd.
- Contact details of Boyne House, Church Hill, Navan, Co. Meath, Rep. of Ireland
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is Excel Printing Ltd. company reg. no. 158619
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
Excel Printing Ltd. is an Irish owned printing and communications company who offer services of printing, faxing, copying, e-mailing, telephoning and print finishing and stationery services to business, individuals, clubs and organisations of all types.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- The manager of IT Department is considered to be the data controller
- or by writing to us at our business address.
Purpose for processing your data
- Excel Printing Ltd. collects the following information in order for the purpose of processing:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Billing & Payment information.
The recipients of the data are Excel Printing Ltd. staff (Permanent, fixed term, contracted or trainee staff) who process the data only in the ways that have been defined in order to process your requests and billing charges purposes and legal basis of the processing. Each Staff member of Excel Printing Ltd. have been educated and trained in the importance of GDPR.
Why are we processing your data? Our legal basis
In order for us to provide you with any or all of our services which are available now or may become availble in the future Excel Printing Ltd. need to collect personal data and company data for the service(s) for which you ask for or enquire about which we now provide or will provide in the future which may be additional to the services already detailed above.
Our reason for processing you data under the GDPR is:
To provide you with the best possible service based on the information you provide.
To process your payment (of any type) to us as either a deposit, an intermediate charge or a final billing.
To ensure you are who you say you are and to hold your information for you only.
To ensure we have sufficient accurate information to give you the information and prices of our services that you require.
- Contractual – Excel Printing Ltd. needs to process your data as this is necessary in relation to a contract of whatever value to which an individual or a company has entered into or because the individual or company has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract.
- That by giving us your information in either an e-mail, a phone call or text message or in any form of communication we are entitled to hold all that information until such time as the contact/contract/ purchase procedure is completed or terminated.
In any event, Excel Printing Ltd. are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Excel Printing Ltd. use the personal data it collects about me?
Excel Printing Ltd. will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Excel Printing Ltd. in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide to us to enable us to complete the order you have placed with us. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Excel Print procedures.
If at any time you impart to us any sensitive personal data which is necessary to fulfil your order with us and we need to forward onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we may need to pass your personal data will be advised to you prior to passing on and you will have the absolute right to deny / refuse permission for us to do that.
Those 3rd parties include Courier services, Collection agencies, Our accountants.
As a printing company, as with all printing companies, we may be required to send your details as would eventually appear in public arena to a third party trade associate supplier to totally or partially fulfil your order requirements (for example: a particularly lavish wedding invitation requiring specialised finishing in which case only the information which will eventually appear on the finished item will be sent on. The detail will be deleted by the 3rd party following completing of the work.
We have issued all our third party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data subject rights:
Excel Printing Ltd. facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. This information will be given to you in standard text form.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation. This will be done in standard text form only and will not involve any created artwork or intellectual creation by Excel Printing Ltd in the course of a printing job. The artwork will, on a request for portability, be deleted completely from Excel Printing Ltd. files and resources. You will not be entitled to what is termed “artwork” or the components of “artwork” which was created by Excel Printing Ltd, for the execution of a printing job for you from written or verbal or other communicated information and the artwork will be deleted forthwith from our systems.
- For the avoidance of doubt: all artwork is considered a creation by Excel Printing Ltd. and as such copyright is the property of Excel Printing Ltd and carried a minimum value in all aspects of €4000 +vat.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing and may ask us to remove your contact details from that list.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Excel Printing Ltd. refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Excel Printing Ltd. will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
Your data may from time to time according to Irish and EU law be retained in accordance with and in compliance with those laws.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Excel Printing Ltd. or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Excel Printing Ltd. data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract and you fail to supply all information necessary for us to complete your order/request the total amount of data supplied will be deleted fully.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
- How long will the personal data be stored for
Excell Printing Ltd. will retain personal data for the following reasons (only exception to these reasons are if Exccel Printing Ltd. is required or permitted by law to hold onto the information for a specific amount of time):
- Data that is required in order to perform a contract, will be held on Excel Printing Ltd’s system for a seven year period following completion of a tcontact.
- For legit business interests (as defined in purposes and legal basis of the processing)
Data that is no longer deemed necessary will be deleted from our system
When personal data is deemed no longer necessary, it will removed and deleted in a correct manner.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions or comments regarding this Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.